You are investing time and resources into your live meeting technology. Shouldn't you be getting the most out of it?
With second screen technology, there are a variety of methods to interact with an audience and turn attendees into participants. Here are 25 different ways your audience can interact with second screen technology to beat digital distractions:
- Ask questions - There are many different ways to ask questions including these "polling options" - linked to polling e-book.
- Answer questions - Speakers can answer questions asked via second screen technology, real-time. Once a question comes in, the speaker will receive it on their presenter version of EM ARRAY.
- Take surveys - Surveys are common-place at many different events. Many come in the form of either paper or digital post-event surveys. Still, the most accurate responses will come immediately after or during a session. Use snap polling, ranking, or built-in surveys to capture attendees' feedback when their recollection is fresh.
- Capture sentiment - Even surveys can't always measure the audiences' sentiment, especially not real-time. Sentiment can be measured in a variety of ways, including utilizing emoticons sent periodically throughout the event to capture if the attendee is enjoying their experience (e.g. a smiley face emoticon) or not (e.g. frowning emoticon).
- Rank ideas – ARRAY has the unique ability to allow attendees to rank rather than just rate anything from amenities, location, and food to speakers, content, and entertainment.
- Take evaluations – Evaluations are paramount to determining the effectiveness of different elements of the event. These evaluations can be around the entire event, a particular day, or a specific session.
- Make suggestions – Utilizing an open-text question, meeting mediators can get more personalized feedback from each attendee on their event experience.
- Do research – Second screen technology research might include measuring what attendees know coming into the event, prior to educational content being presented.
- Understand your audience – Having a deep understanding of your audience is key to creating effective and memorable meeting experiences. Through the data collected by EM Array, you can draw many conclusions about your audience, including topics were most confusing (based on number of questions and types of questions submitted), what speakers were most popular, or when the most engagement happened throughout any given day.
- Collect demographics – It’s important to know who is attending your events vs. who you might have thought would. Those who show up give you an immediate pool to determine who your target market should be. Utilize surveys, questions, and polling to gather information about age, years of experience, title, and more.
- Display slides – The “second screen” nature of ARRAY’s technology allows attendees an opportunity to have hands-on time with the content. Especially for slides that contain a lot of data, it’s helpful to have that second screen right in front of the audience.
- Rate slides – Being able to measure what content is or isn’t effective will be valuable to both you as the planner and to your speakers. Feedback on each individual slide provides insight on what the audience found valuable.
- Save slides – ARRAY allows participants to save slides, doing away with the often-disruptive smart device slide photo taking that often occurs at events. The slides are then delivered in one, convenient pdf to every participant after the event ends.
- Take notes – Rather than relying on paper that may or may not make it back with the audience member, second screen engagement technology allows participants to take electronic notes directly on the slide. When they receive their packaged notes, they will not only see the notes they took, but will also see what slides they took it with, giving context that hand-written notes often lack.
- Watch video – Customizable buttons allow you to embed any video into the ARRAY interface for the attendees to access between or during sessions.
- Buy products – Customization is not limited to buttons. Custom forms can allow you to capture attendees who intend to purchase and reach out to them with a quote at your convenience.
- Select resources – Are you launching a new product? Updating your website? Or have a sponsor who you want to thank? Utilizing the customizable button function, you can embed websites. Don’t worry though, this is a domain-less feature, ensuring that your attendees don’t go surfing elsewhere.
- Play games – Gamification is on the rise. This isn’t just because it looks cool, it’s also because data can be derived from entertainment. Playing games are fun, but they can also reveal information you wouldn’t have otherwise known.
- Display leaderboard – Never underestimate the power of competition. Being either the coveted winners or dreaded losers not only encourage friendly competition, they can also be an opportunity to educate. With ARRAY you can capture how each individual, group or team fared in knowledge-based games.
- Win prizes – Prizes don’t need to always be ground-breaking for attendees to work for them. Providing some sort of reward
- Brainstorm – In breakout sessions, make use of open text to encourage input from even the more introverted attendees.
- Find information – You can make the most out of your customized buttons by adding information about the event including the agenda, speaker bios, or contact options.
- Conduct transactions – Create custom checklists for attendees to select what kinds of transactions they would like to initiate.
- Get certified – With second screen technology, you can not only add life back into your continuing education programs, you can also offer certification to attendees digitally.
- Measure knowledge transfer – Pre- and post-meeting tests will show what content has stuck with the attendees. This is helpful in determining how effective different training, presentations, and speakers were as well as identifying which participants took advantage of the content provided.
What other ways have you used audience engagement tools like EM ARRAY? Let us know with a comment below.